Grilled Aubergine with Cashew & Bell Pepper Pesto
July to October is aubergine season! Discover here how to turn this vegetable into a delicious meal to make for your friends or family!
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
2 or 3 aubergines
– 6 bell peppers
– 6 candied tomatoes
– 100g cashew nuts
– 5 ml olive oil
– 100g chickpeas in a can
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 1 bundle of basil
– 1 lime
– salt, pepper
– Cumin, smoked paprika
– A pinch of fresh mint
- Cut the aubergines in half lengthwise. Use a knife to square them and brush them with olive oil and a little fleur de sel.
- Oil the peppers and place them on a baking sheet
- Put them in the oven at 180°C for 30 minutes, until the aubergines have melted, and the peppers are cooked through. Meanwhile, soak the cashews in warm water.
- After removing from the oven, prepare the bell pepper pesto. Clean and remove the skin from the peppers and place them in a blender with the candied tomatoes, cashews, garlic, basil, oil, salt, pepper, smoked paprika and cumin. Blend to a pesto texture. Add a little water if necessary.
- Place the aubergine on a plate. Add a good layer of bell pepper pesto, then the chickpeas, then chop some fresh mint on top.
- Drizzle with lemon juice, add a few roasted cashew nuts for extra taste and serve warm.