Magical Blueberry Cake
Looking for a delicious and original cake recipe? This one is for you!
This magical blueberry cake by @bejoyfood is a must try! With 3 different textured layers, this cake will surprise you: a pudding texture at the bottom, custard in the middle and topped with a sponge cake. Whether you serve it at a gathering with friends or savor it during a quiet moment of self-indulgence, this dessert is sure to leave a lasting impression. So follow this recipe and learn how to create it!
Preparation time: 30min
Baking time: 50min
Resting time: 4h min/overnight
Serves 4 to 6
- 125g fresh blueberries
- 4 eggs
- 150g sugar
- 125g butter
- 125g flour
- 500g whole milk
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1tsp water
1. Preheat oven to 150°C. Separate whites and yolks. Melt butter and allow it to cool.
2. Whisk egg yolks with sugar and water. Add melted butter and mix well. Add the flour and continue mixing, then add the warmed milk a little at a time to obtain a fairly liquid batter, almost like pancake batter. Grate lemon zest.
3. Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt, gently at first, then at a higher speed to obtain stiff whites. Add them all at once to the previous mixture, mixing very gently to avoid breaking them. The mixture should have two textures, liquid at the bottom and airy at the top, rather like floating islands.
4. Butter a 22-24cm-diameter mould and line the bottom with baking paper. Place the blueberries in the bottom of the tin. Pour the mixture over them and bake at 150°C for 50min to 1h.
5. Remove from oven and leave to cool, then place in the fridge overnight. It must be set before it can be unmolded. This cake is magical because it has 3 textures: custard at the bottom, crème anglaise in the middle and sponge cake at the top.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy!